Development Manager Job Description
Education Minimum: BA (required)
Justice & Mercy International is hiring! We’re looking for someone with a heart for the Gospel and the nations, and a knack for development and donor relations to join our team! The opening is for a Development Manager who will spearhead development efforts as JMI continues to grow. Based in Franklin, TN, this is a new position in the organization, and the Manager will have the opportunity to build the development function.
Would you or someone you know make a great Development Manager for JMI? Check out the details to apply below!
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in non-profit development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Etapestry or similar donor management system
- Exceptional people and organizational skills
- Team player with ability to initiate as well as implement plans
- Timely in responding to calls and messages
- Willingness and ability to adhere to JMI’s policies and procedures
- Passion for taking the Gospel to the ends of the earth
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time
Position: Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Manager (DM) will spearhead development efforts as JMI continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Manager will have the opportunity to build the development function.
- Develop and execute JMI’s annual fundraising plan
- Participate in existing JMI fundraising events (Gala, Skeet Shoot) and develop additional fundraising events as needed (spring event)
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of Etapestry and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors & church partners in partnership with ED & FD
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Participate in all JMI special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Traveling to Kelly Minter events as assigned
- Leading 1-2 mission trips for JMI per year
- Help ED develop and implement an advisory board of influential people to help promote JMI
- And other duties as assigned!
How To Apply:
Apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to JMI’s executive director, Mary Katharine at [email protected].